View Single Post
Old 06-26-08, 02:52 PM   #15
.TeamOne.
RobKilla

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I really enjoyed this feedback.

And I agree with the Ron Paul statement, Nader supported Ron Paul but Paul pushed something a bit too far which made Nader join the race. I really agree with his view about Barrack Obama though, attempting to not look like Jesse Jackson, hahaha. It's a pretty valid statement in my opinion, and I wouldn't doubt it's on Obama's list of things to do and stay away from. After all, he did leave the trinity church in which he was with for many years, just because the leader of that church was a bit too talkative and preachingly expressive, if Obama REALLY disagreed with the man, he would have left a long time ago, before everyone started complaining about it.

See, I understand what Nader says about not looking like Jesse Jackson, but I'm now realizing that is essentially what Obama is doing. His campaign representatives as well as him have stated that they are not trying to make this into a 'race-race.' A loose quote from Obama states that this is no longer a christian nation. It is also a muslim nation as well as other religions. Although Obama is of african descent, this does not mean he must cater his campaign to only african americans. His platform connects with a lot of different races, as well as african americans. If he presented it the same way Jesse Jackson ran his election, he would most likely lose votes.
As far as Reverend Wright, I've met him myself. In fact, I used to frequent Trinity Church because I live on the southside of Chicago. I feel like Obama is only dissociating himself from some of the radical views of Wright. Jeremiah Wright is still a good man from whom I'm sure Obama still receives support. At the end of the day, though, Barack has to address these seemingly anti-american comments so it is clear that he does not agree with them. If he has to choose friendship over presidency, I think the choice is pretty clear.
Send a message via AIM to .TeamOne.   Reply With Quote