View Single Post
Old 07-18-08, 07:22 PM   #6
Nitrogen
Light Weight

IP:

damn this was a tight battle, two very good verses by both competitors. also two different takes on the topic

Flight:
and he wonders about the thunder, is it hazard or magic
there's always a spark in the clutter that kindles a lasting matchstick
which lights candles in his hideaway, there's a glow in his windows
there's always a storm on his page, as if his hands move when the wind blows

^^^ had to start with that group of lines, that shit beautifly written my dude no homo.

the strong point of your piece has to be the direction you took on the topic. i think i zoned out and enjoyed the storm in my mind when i was reading it. thats how good the imagery was. another thing that makes this such a strong piece is the vivid connection you gave the storm to your writings. your vocabulary along with precise word choice is what held this verse together. its what propelled your imagery and overall creativity. a very good drop.
Darkmanner:
Emptiness surrounds the embers burning in my soul
Getting worse i feel it glow, now i yearn to make him cold
Fury intensifies, armies of men will die
Just to grasp that guy, soul deep into the afterlife

Even if it costs me half of mine...

^^^that basically respresents your entire piece and the quality of it

your emotion bled into this drop man. not sure if i wouldve taken the direction u took but it was easily understandable how i connected to the given topic. imagery was there enough to set the scene for the piece. good usage of multies. the only thing i could say against you is the execution of the topic. it sort of seemed like all you did was set part of the theme to fit the topic/tittle of ya piece. the bulk of the drop really didnt have anything to do with the topic. still a well written piece, but for that reason i have to give the edge to Flight

v/Flight

Phase 1 Topical Co-Captain
Phase 1 Site Battle Winner by knockout

...Is to have Served Your Faction