View Single Post
Old 01-11-08, 06:28 AM   #18
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

OK, so you want to fight in a war against people you don't even know, people that have absolutely nothing to do with you at all, for the sake of your country.

The very same country that would be paying you to be a pawn in a game of idiocy, in which you are put in situations where your life is at risk. Meaning that a bit of pride and some oil is worth more to the country you're serving than your well being is.

I don't know much about the state of the war, but I do know that patriotism for such a gay reason is pretty lame. Maybe if you were thankful for the opportunities living in America has brought you, and the wonderful life you have been allowed to live because of your country, and you want to give something back, then that might be at least a passable reason to want to join the army.

But honestly, you can't hide from us that you are just a kid who saw some videos of "cool" (what the fuck?) gun battles, and you want to do what you saw in the videos.

Seriously, you are being an idiot. No amount of money or benefits should be enough to persuade you to kill another person that you know nothing about, or to put yourself in a situation as dangerous as war.

But hey, you probably don't give a shit. Most people with similar mindsets as you don't. Then they end up joining the army and posting videos on youtube of them laughing while killing people, patting each other on the back for fucking murder, and shouting out that they "got one!"

It might not be noticeable since we're so immersed in this time period, but to be honest, we live in a really backwards, primitive, and idiotic era.