Old 01-12-09, 04:59 PM   #82
.Ike.
Ike

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
rofl exactly dude..

all these SEC teams chanting "S-E-C!!! S-E-C!!" makes me wanna puke. rofl

like fuck conference loyalty. Everyone in big 12 will acknowledge they have competition. But cheer for the other's to succeed? Hell fucking no! Why help them with recruiting? Far as I'm concerned, the big 12 is Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, and Texas. And from the past few conference champions, my guess could very well be right. BOOMER!!

and ike, LOL word. He probably only one in here who has a team more storied then OU in the modern era. What y'all got like 8 titles? One behind.

What I don't get is, why do people only care about the records "in the modern era"? lol what's so bad about the game before World War II? Was there like some rule changes or something? lol

every announcer counts shit "in the modern era" outside world War II. so iunno....

nope...we have 12..more than anyone. Its odd how they used to do it..the National Championship was given out before the bowl games (there used to be like 5 bowl games total)..and the bowl games were a non factor. Usually the teams wouldnt even play to their full potential/hardest in the bowl game..because the season was already over. There are TONS of teams who won the national championship and went on to lose their bowl game because they simply didnt give a crap...or in some cases..were just outplayed. You can almost argue 75% of the national championship winners in history. Alabama has been awarded around 20 national championships, and the NCAA recognizes that...but they only claim 12. Notre Dame has been awarded around 21 national championship, but only recognize 11. The AP national championship is what really used to count the most.

And as far as the "modern era"..that is complete crap. You tell someone that played on a national championship team during the 30's or 40's that their national championship didnt count....youll be lucky if their old ass doesnt knock you out. No matter how long ago the championships were won...they still count the same.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote