Thread: Is It EQ'ing?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-07, 01:48 AM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
I have an AKG Perceptions mic. I'm pretty sure that's not a "garbage" mic. Any advice on mixing techniques?

well, its not GARBAGE, but i wouldn't call it studio gear either. its a hobby mic.

with that said, the perception is infamous for its processed highs and blurry lows (which some people actually believe is warmth). truthfully man you need to EQ in the mids to get any kind of sweet sound out of that thing. that's where everything in that mic lies. also in the highs (like 14k or so) to crispen it up. i mean, im saying this without hearing a stitch of how you processed your audio, but knowing the character of that mic this is how i would advise you to go. little in the lows, maybe a little in the low mids. work the mids. a little in the highs. the end.

if you're relying on "presets" to make your shit sound good, you're fucked. do it from a baseline or forever be content with subpar music.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote