View Single Post
Old 11-06-08, 10:15 PM   #1
сварливый

Buy an external harddrive

IP:

and back up your files.

My Hard drive crashed the other night, it was 250 GB, holding over 4 years of information, rap songs, things I've recorded, stories I've written, and it's so fucking fried that I have to attempt to enslave it to my newest 500 GB Hard Drive, if it's not cooked to the point of retardation.

Hopefully I can recover it and use it to back up my newest hard drive's files, but it doesn't look too hopeful in all honesty. It may not seem like I've been gone for long, that's because I run more than one computer on my at-home network and I had a copy of Vista laying around.

Don't give me the mac virus bullshit, all hard drives fry, even on Macs. I like Linux.

Yeah I know this thread is nerdy, but whatev. Back up your files or live in regret if you're not handy with computers, if you are, you may just be able to save yourself when (it's pretty much just a matter of time) your shit fails.

I have to find tweezers and pull a plastic jumper off of my new hard drive and throw it in place on the old one to jumper it and make it the slave so that I can access all the old memory off of it.

Thank God I didn't have to pay some geeky bitch at the store money to diagnose my situation over, and over again.

Lol.