View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 12:48 PM   #7
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I didn't check out knoppix but I'll tell you now that if your old hard drive crashed because of a virus and didn't just flat out fail, any program that recovers 100% of your files without choice (such as slave and master lets you do) could revive that same virus on your new hard drive..so be careful with how you approach retrieving your data unless you're sure without a doubt that your hard drive just failed due to old age.

Yea, it wasn't a virus, just a SHITTY FUCKIN SHIT FUCK DRIVE ARGHHHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
Word to backing up your stuff... I need to do that with my movies / tv shows drive, but I usually prefer putting it on dvdr after I watch them first... problem is I download faster than I can watch them. If that drive ever goes bad, I'd be so pissed. On the other hand, hard drives are so cheap nowadays.. a 1 TB drive is going for around $110 now.

That's what happened with me, I just had too many movies/albums/tv shows and it would have taken a loooot of discs to back it all up, and at the time I didn't have any discs. Now I'm sorry Ah, I really hope I can get my stuff back.

If not then at least now I'll have an external hard drive to use for back up's.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote