View Single Post
Old 10-28-03, 01:37 AM   #10
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

IP:

Phate . . .

The first time I listened to your beat I hated it and I wanted to shoot you in the head . . .

. . . but on the third time I listened to it I don't know what the hell happened cause somethin switched and I started lovin it, lmao. Reminds me of some crazy El-P shit. That saxophone sample was sooo misused, but it came out soundin lovely in my ears. I cant stop listenin to it lol. If I was judgin this on technical shit, I would day its not to great, but I kinda enjoyed listening to a beat that didnt sound all "perfect" for once. I like hearin different shit. Good drop lol.

Mr. Legend . . .

Thats sick how you flipped the part from the end of the other song at the beginning of the sample. You did a good job of flippin a different part of the piano piece too. I cannot make out much from your beat tho behind your vocals. The quality of your vocals is horrible. Sounds like your rhymin through a $5 megaphone. That "windows click" has gotta go. If you were gonna use it as a snare you should have at least made it lay behind the instruments more.

This is a hard one to vote on so Ima break it down. . .

Creativity - Tie
Sample Flippin - Legend
Drums - Phate
Mixing/Quality - Phate
Rappabilty - Legend (lol @ me makin up words)
Interestingness - Phate (lmao)

Vote - Phate

(That rimshot/mouse-click and the vocals lost it for you Legend . . .)