Thread: Gay marriages
View Single Post
Old 01-21-04, 03:11 PM   #9
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman tha Great
do ya'll believe in em? Me personally i could give a shit if two gay people want to get married, if they are americans then they should be allowed to wed. The whole "keeping marrieges pure" bullshit Bush is saying was out the window when it was legel to get married drop dead drunk in Vegas and it be legally upheld in court.

I think you missed the point there. It's not so much the idea of gays getting married, but changing the constitutional definition of marriege it'self, that worries me and those like bush. Never should the views of so little dictate and or manipulate the laws put into place by the majority. I think we should stick with the majority, and the majority in this country do not want the definiton of marriage to be changed by activist judges. I mean thnk about the repercussions this will have on our way of life and society. One who's to say that if a male or female couple is able to reep the benifits of a married couple(man and woman) then who to say that a man and his girl (not married) shouldn't? Not only does that open several gray area's as this. It also undermines the institution of mariage. Don't get me wrong, Im not against gay couples being able to share benifits and live together as a couple. I just do not see any reason what so ever to change the definiton of marriege from a man and a women, to that of any combination you can think of. Where is it going to stop, these grey areas, are going to become very troublesome. Who's to say (if the current definition is changed) that a man and a boy can't get married. The laws were drafted ariound the definiton of marriege in our constitution. They were purposely written in a way to protect society from these tyoes of abominations. Pediophiles would be next in line to alter the text, and what about paligamy? Shit would be crazy, people woulld no longer have any marital bounderies, people would be paried uo with sheep walking down the isle just to reep the benifits. Which in turn would devistate this countries economy and social morality. I for one stand behind the president on this isue, and if you do not see the logic there, then hit me up and we can disscuss this indepth. Why can't gay couples live together and our governemnt offer them protection and benifits wthout changing the defiinitons. That is what Bush was syaing, so I do not understand those that talk out thier ass about the situation. You need to look deeper into the issue. I am an active politician and this has ben a pressing issue with me. I hope you can understand my jibberish, I typed it fast and did not spell check.