View Single Post
Old 09-23-06, 07:11 PM   #5
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
How do you feel about the way christianity is executed today? From my point of view, it looks like it's turned from a religion based on very internal, deep, spiritual change into a religion based very externally, on priests, bible studies, churches formalities etc. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly christians who got the message Jesus was trying to convey... But they are few and far between.

Good question man...

I'll base my answer mainly on my opinion, backed by what Jesus said about Christianity.

As a whole, I like the direction Christianity is heading. The main problem with Christianity is the amount of denominations within the religion. These divisions are man-made and are based on tradition rather than biblical doctrine--e.g., rituals and sacraments. The only sacrament Christians are required to observe is Communion. Everything else, including format of the service, is man made.

Many Christians are oblivious to the direction Christ wants his believers to go. Many people who claim to be Christians are living lives that don't represent God's word. If people would simply focus on what the mission of Christianity is, to spread the Gospel of redemption, then the religion as a whole would be less divided.

With that said, don't make the mistake of thinking Christians are a powerless, divided people. What I'm saying is that we get caught up in the details sometimes that we forget the big picture, and that's Christ crucified and resurrected. Also, different peoplefocus on different aspects of ministry, based on their individual experiences. For me, my ministry will focus on spiritual warfare and deliverance. For someone else, it may be healing or prosperity. Those differences give the illusion that people aren't unified and are out for "self". That's not true. In the end, it's all about giving glory to God, the father of our Lord Jesus. That's what Christianity is about.

^^This is a very abbreviated answer.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote