View Single Post
Old 08-20-07, 11:58 AM   #8
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

IP:

Yeah i dont so much agree with the board of voters, people leave, go inactive, ect all the time, it would have to be something automatic, but i do see the problem that an automatic system wouldnt necessarily judge the quality of the battles, creatin the problem of having more active, but wack battlers being at the top, rather than quality.

If the people who vote on the battles, judged the battles through like a 1-10, for each individual verse, not the battle own a whole, or whatever, and the automatic sytem then created an average from all votes, it wouldnt be to bad, the votes would still be the same swayed or not, but the 'hate' effect comes into play, if someone gets rated a 1 they will be like "amag he hates me, dq that", you know, the usual, but forgive me if my memories wrong but isnt there a blacklist still? So than i guess, you really cant say someone hates you and not have them black listed, its your own fault.

I dont mean to get your work cut out for you Strobe, lol, but i have a few ideas

Maybe, to prevent jockin votes, you can have something that says " You've already voted on a battle containing this person, please wait ___X___ammount of days"

You know, that would help some i believe, or create like a "Voting template" thats implemented, kind of like when you sign up, you have to fill in the info, and your reply has to be so many characters long like when you post.

Regardless of whatever ill still be here but i think it would be helpful to try some things out, fail or not atleast we give the effort, and we appreciate what you've already done but the cycle is endless