View Single Post
Old 08-30-07, 09:33 AM   #13
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

IP:

So, each battle, the people will vote, and rate the verses, than after the battle, all votes will be tallied and averages given to both sides? So I.E

I won 1 battle and got voted a 3
I lost 1 battle and got voted a 2
I won 1 battle and got voted a 4
I won 1 battle and got voted a 4

So my average rating is 3.25 rating

With a 1-5 system, wouldnt that just keep it at under 5? There would be alot of people ranked the same lol, i think.

Ransom, got voted all 4's except for 2 battles he was rated a 3 twice so, 52, 6, 58 / 15

so his would be 3.866666666666666

Theres nearly an 11 battle difference between me and Ransum and yet im only a few points behind him

We'll use Ransum again, Average Rating (3.86), Multiplied by wins, divided by losses, gives Ran a 15.44, that is alright but people with like 40 wins and no losses would screw up the system maybe

Say they have a 4.5 Rating, x 40, give them a 180, since you cant divide 180 by 0(losses), so if you have 1 loss, it really damages your rating

But this system could be effective given we workout a few hitches, and really, how many people are actually 40 and 0, or at that matter 0 losses, theres a few but not many

So the rating system could rank individuals by there rating score, and people with like 2 wins wouldnt be at the top where they dont deserve to be.