Thread: Life
View Single Post
Old 08-03-06, 07:12 PM   #7
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

Ok, for me this piece started a little effortlessly and finished strong. I think that the last parts to the piece were by far the more impressive. The first few lines seem like you are trying to hard to put across the suicidal state. And I feel that a more complex approach would work better.

He waits; Honestly hes tired
Sick of the badgering the tormenting STOP!

That right there, I felt that was a little off. And the wording for that particular part could be put down better for a far more powerful affect. In places it just seems too basic, and then you jump to a more complex view on things.

His parents oblivious to his previous thoughts
Still oblivious to his death
Its dramatic..Its unfortunate..Its LIFE

^ This though, I felt that this was nice. It was simply put and got the message across with a strong finish. Like I said, your piece starts off a little jumpy, with its ups and downs but you finish strong.

Personally, I think that you should either approach an idea simply or with an element of complexity... I don't think poetry should ever mix the two, unless it is needed to add affect to the piece. With this piece, it does add affect.. but you have not used the mixture of complexity and simplicity as well as you could do.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote