View Single Post
Old 11-20-09, 06:58 AM   #9
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amun Ra
Hey man, so I'm watching this and its not really saying a whole lot about proving religion so far, its just telling us that evolution has holes in its origional concept...

Sounds like a load of gap theory to me... Darwanism isnt a be all and end all to science... Darwan's book is NOT the scientific bible.. Its an idea thats been put forward in the scientific community that holds the basis for further study... This sort of thing happens a lot believe me..

See the fundemental difference to religion and science is that science is a DYANMIC train of thought that is constantly changing and re-forming itself as new evidence is presented.. Religion is a stagnant non-budging stalemate of unproveable idealistic fiction.. Aside from the higher level of athiesm in the scientific community which is due to personal belief in people true science does not make assumptions.. These people can talk till their blue in the face about how wrong darwin's origional evolution theory was, but it actually doesnt get them ANY closer ON ANY LEVEL to proving their own belief's...

A number of scenarios are possible here... Even extra-terrestrial life discovering this planet and giving it the basic ingrediants for what we have today is quite feasable. Even an asteroid with some sort of unknown cell organisms crashing into the earths ocean is remotly plausable..

There are so many unknowns.. You cannot simply say "oh science made a mistake so religion MUST be correct".. THAT is a 'gap' theory... I say to these people that one day science will almost definatly figure it out, if their right then hip fucken hooray if their wrong then its going to be true scientific evidence thats going to show them the way so they can re-write 2000 year old documents and run away with their tail between their legs like they have on SO many occaisions.

dont feel like watching the video agian and its been a while and i want to get to writing but................yea i see what your saying, just like i said in the post above the point i was trying to get across was that not everything stems from one molecule or atom..all the sudden life just appeared..could it have been from extra terrestials who really knows?? regaurdless ima still trust in jesus..but
i doubt an asteroid crashed will litte micro organisms cuz that would be evolution and that was proved wrong in the video..but their are a number of possibilitys but ima trust the bible and have faith.

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..