View Single Post
Old 11-06-07, 04:32 PM   #131
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Wrong.
In the 90's and early millienium they played songs like Nas - Hate Me Now, Jay-Z - Jigga My Nigga, DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem etc etc.
When was the last time you listened to a song on the radio and was like "damn dude spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"?
Everything on the radio is for females or dancers.

No, not wrong. Hate me now is one of nas's worst songs....and when he did it...50% of his fan base jumped ship because they figured he was going pop.....ruff ryders anthem is not even close in comparison to the level of music dmx has made, that hasn't made the radio or atleast gotten play on a cosistent basis. And jigga my nigga is another terrible example...another sub par song from a great artist.....they still do that exact same thing now.....take great artists...and play mediocre songs.....

i have a dream - common, hip hop is dead - nas, hot thing by talib kweli, blue magic - jay-z, less than an hour by nas...WU TANG IS BACK ON THE RADIO.....what more could you fucking ask for...seriously....i just named anywhere from 6-10 songs that they are playing on the radio now...that are all much better in quality and content then the songs you used for examples to argue my point.

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote