View Single Post
Old 09-30-06, 05:30 PM   #14
Grace
New to RV

IP:

This is a big topic with so many aspects. I've got way to many thoughts on this that I don't even know where I'd start.

There was a movie out awhile back called Stigmata. It was about religion and politics. And how there were secrets that were kept from the public in order to create a fear to try and keep somewhat of a conformed way of life. It also insinuated that if that truth had been revealed it would destroy the churches and their ways.

Then a few years ago a book called the Da Vinci Code came out, I don't often find books that keep my interest but this one I couldn't put down. It was also about secrets in religion. It had a whole thing about a secret society that was sworn to keep the secrets and also to keep them alive and safe. Some of the people who were a part of this society were also famous artist, and to keep the truth alive knowing they would not be alive forever they left subtle clues that led to more clues and more.....Till the truth be found.

Then there was a Disney movie that was just out a year ago or so that was called National Treasure. It was about a treasure hidden by the governments back in the day because they believed it was to great of a treasure to be obtained by one. So in was hidden and only a secret society new of its where abouts. It had one of the same names as one of the secret society in the Da Vinci Code.

I believe in god but the interpretation of what religion is suppose to be.......I'm not so sure. After all we are trusting a bunch of old guys who've studied ancient dialects probably all there lives but.........It's like a game of operator. It may start off as one thing but end up being something totally different after being pass down from person to person. In the end I think it's all about how you feel. Because I believe there's a spiritual connection, an energy that when something isn't right,or you're unsure of something there's that sixth sense feeling that everyone feels. Some of us more and some of us less, sometimes we may try to tune it out but it's there.

Like I said there's so many things to say about this. It making asses out of us though? I don't know as though we need any help with that. If it wasn't religion it'd be somethin elsa that would be feeding the fear that leads us to do what we do.