View Single Post
Old 02-15-11, 03:16 AM   #7
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I can't cheer on Man U, they are the New York Yankees of soccer, just buy a team, they have no heart, just arrogance and it's a shame watching good players like Rooney turn his back on his pride and his upbringing and go to a team. Then he talks like he's going to walk to get paid more... fucking sad.

Mate, in football the big teams will splash out every so often on players...but Utd definitely aint a team that 'buys' championships...

...They have one of the best youth set ups in football today and when you look at their squad you have the likes of Ben Amos, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans, John O'Shea, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck who have all come through the clubs youth system and the likes of Kiko Macheda, Rafael, Fabio who were purchased at a young age and developed ready for the first team.

And then you have the famous Class of 92 squad, Gary and Phil Neville, Nicky Butt, David Beckham and Paul Scholes.

Chelsea in 05 were a team that bought 2 Premier Leagues (last season they didn't as they practically stopped spending) but they recently spent 73 mill on Fernando Torres (50) and David Luiz (23). And Man City...well they have spent shit loads on players but are still waiting for their first trophy in 35 years.

And the whole Rooneygate saga was sad but it was testament to the situation Man Utd were going through currently. He was concerned that Utd weren't as competitive as years before and that's due to if you look at transfer movement in recent seasons Utd have not been up there. Their most recent high profile signing being Berbatov in 2007 and its only now we are seeing what he's capable of...

Obviously I'm not asking you to support Man Utd I'm no preacher but Utd are a team heavily based on the internal development of their players...and its worked for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote