View Single Post
Old 03-19-05, 06:55 AM   #19
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Lemme break this down...

Given Light: I kinda felt you picked up bit slow and weren't really consistent with your piece but I did enjoy reading it though. You managed to portray the image of an outcast with the way you worded everything, had very good imagery in there but emotion could be bit stronger. You had more complex vocab which was a nice add-on but I felt it kinda took the focus of the content of your piece in fact. You had some deeper levels in your piece which I liked to read but I dunno, kinda have a mixed feeling with this one. The concept was good though, had sort of mysterious vibe over it and I loved that but you lached consistency. Flow could've been better as well.

Those of the children who speak in tongues, but the same language
don’t you get it you fools, were all different but we hold the same baggage
God’s light is spreading through the different to show our proud pasts
That’s why I am proud to stand out, and be Jesus’ Outcast.
^loving your ending...

MiSta_AuTh3nTiQ: I liked your approach of the topic, with the whole gay-thing: maybe not too original but I don't think many guys would write about this hehe...I'm feeling your "in your face" kind of attitude and the emotion was very strong and raw, probably the best aspect of your piece. Some lines were a bit stretched but it didn't affect the content of the actual verse. You had some good imagery here and there, I like how the mom had such an influence on the guy and how you worded that.

I feel like a ninja turtle with out NORMAL friends, just stuck with my own kind
I used to hang with dudes, until i broke the darkest new's. They insulted me
After that my heart was tooked by the insult, everyday, every inch i'm losing my pride
Bloody lips, wet eyes, dried up tears is left on my cheek, look what they did to thee.
^favorite lines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the end my vote goes to MiSta_AuTh3nTiQ because I just felt he was more consistent than Given Light, no hate though cause I was liking both your verses!

DQ

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ