View Single Post
Old 08-03-05, 10:44 PM   #2
Magic5

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassarap
1. make a hiphop news subforum in HHT

I don't agree. Hip Hop Talk is made for news. It's made for people to talk about news. What else would the forum be used for? It's not about "50 Cent vs. The Game (WHO'S BETTER)?" threads. The forum is dedicated to talking about hip hop, in which case hip hop's latest news is included.

Quote:
2. in LL:
-sports subforum
-entertainment subforum (movies, games)
-debate subforum inside cerebral approach (read my suggestion thread for
details)
-get rid of illegal stuff (downloads, hiphop shop)

I agree with Sports and Entertainment. The Cerebal Approach is a place for people to debate. It's all included. The forum is not very active right now as it is, therefore making a sub forum to take away half of the threads would just make it even more inactive. However, I do agree with getting rid of The Hip Hop Shop. It was active for about a month or two and now nobody posts in there at all.

Quote:
3. for album reviews: make a review request thread where people name
reviews that they would like to see and (if they want to) post a bounty in
RV money for that review

I have mixed feelings about this. On one side, it would be nice to see albums reviewed that people actually want to see, and are willing to read. On the other side, who would dedicate themselves to filling out the reviews? I think you should make a poll in the Lyricist Lounge asking if this forum was made, who would actually fill out the reviews. Until that poll gets a majority of people saying they would in fact participate, I don't think this forum should be made. Because, as it is right now, I can only see people posting up albums they want to be reviewed, but nobody reviewing them.

Quote:
4. RV Awards- reviewer and voter of the month awards to encourage voting
and album reviews

This should be taken to the RV Awards forum. However, as a mod of the RV Awards forum I would vote no to this. The main reason being, you can't really vote for a "voter of the month." Voting is a statistic. I guess you could see who votes the most every month and give them a "voting" title for the month, but RV Awards is about voting for somebody over everybody else. You can't vote against a full proof statistic like voting is. As far as album reviews, that forum is not very active. There are maybe 5-15 people who would be up for the category each week. Until Album Reviews is more active I would probably also say no to this.