View Single Post
Old 08-15-05, 08:18 PM   #1
Magic5

You Need To Read This.

IP:

This shit is pissing me off.

Here is my proposal; Right now this league resets records. No playoffs. Nothing further. But, before you post up all this bullshit about "no man, its been 13 weeks already!!" think about what this "season" has meant to you. Let me explain not only what I meant in that last sentence, but why I think this idea should take place;

First, to explain what I meant when I said "think about what this season has meant to you." This league is planning to head to playoffs in two weeks, but, if you're the person who wins, is it really that big of an accomplishment? Look at the history of this league. The first 4 weeks or so were awesome.. then KORV 2 hit, and this league died. I did my best to bring it back, but it has not worked. This league is now plagued with no shows, people not giving a fuck anymore, and the league seems to be getting smaller every week.

I don't see the point in taking a league to a "playoff" or single elimination tournament when this league is inactive as fuck, and nobody really gives a damn about it. Take last week for example, the HW battle got 1 vote. I saw at least 3 other battles where there was 2 votes or less. On top of that there were about 5 no shows. And I am saying that nobody really gives a shit because either you state it before you post your verse, or I can look at the statistics and see that the people in the top 6 of the rankings have stayed there since this league was brought back. Nothing ever fucking changes. FuxJustAWord and Hotshh! have battled 6 times in 13 weeks.. and they would be battling this week again. I'd like to think that 6 people give a shit about this league, but maybe its whoever gives less of a shit loses these battles. I know some of you have posted every which.. maybe 2-5 of you have, and that is why I was contemplating on whether or not to make this thread. But then I realized 2-5 people trying, doesn't make a league.

So, my proposition to solve this problem; reset records right now. Erase everybody signed in, signed out, and banned (except for the people who bit or cheat), and just start over. And, I know what most of you are thinking is your main reason for not wanting to do it. "Oh, but Mimesis, that means I just wasted all those lines!!" One, there is no such thing as "wasting" lines. Text is all about experience, so nothing is really a waste. Two, I doubt most of you have used gigantic amouts of lines you really tried on anyway. Some of you have, but most of you have either gotten into quite a few no show battles, no show yourself, or just dont give a shit.

I think re-setting everything would be the best thing. I think records should have been reset right after KORV, but I wouldn't to see if this league could get back on its feet. It's turned out, that it hasn't.Now, I am expecting people to disagree with me, and please do it, but state why and I will do my best to counter it.

But, one of two things is going to happen now. One, people agree with me, in which case I can make a sign up thread on Wednesday or Thursday. I would also make a few polls to see about editing a few of the rules. Or two, everybody disagrees with me and Soul Rebel can move this into Closed Battles and set this week's battles up tomorrow night. It doesn't really matter to me, but this league is looking terrible and as a mod and one of the people who runs it, I needed to address the problems.

So, just speek freely, whether you agree or disagree. I'll be back throughout tonight, and back on tomorrow night to address any concerns you may have.

Thanks for your time.
-Mimesis