Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
www.soundclick.com/starofthecitymixtape

Pure Thought ft. You
Swoll Up ft. Klutch
Hop On In ft. Re'Von

im sure you've heard all the tracks on my page

but lemme know whats up

Past Tense, you're fortunate in a lot of regards man, you float a line that not many MC's can float. Your story type tracks have substance and you can still do clubby tracks. Your voice is clear and distinct and only sounds like yours, so it's easily recognizable. You're pretty skilled with hooks, but based on those 3 songs you might start to sound redundant after an album full of songs because they're all done in a relativley similar fashion. Also, I noticed that you rely on full overdubs on slower songs, which is great when used sparingly, but typically you'll want to use less layers on the more meaningful songs and just come in with adlibs. You have a bassy voice, you just have to learn how to use it in a solo form to give your overall style more reach and variety.

I think right now, as an artist, your fanbase could be a wide variety of people, from thuggas to the ladies and back. You have a story to tell that you should be putting out more to reinforce the image of you. Musically, you discuss who you were, and who you are, but you need to delve more of the termoil in the transitions. People connect to that pain. Personally, I'd like to see some tracks on topics you havent' done before, or add some writing elements that you dont' currently use much just for spontainaity and to throw that surprise factor into the mix. You know, tread a little more on the outskirts of your comfort zone. You already have the ability. You could get a venue at most clubs, musically speaking, I don't know much about your image, body language or personal presentation. You'd do well from a few hype tracks with some heavy lyrical attacks like multis or rhyme scheme juggling. You could hop on a song with anyone.

Definitely one of the more consistently good artists. Just a little a little fine tuning to your actual catalog of songs and you'd be pretty much a finished product ready for marketing.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote