View Single Post
Old 08-03-08, 08:13 PM   #11
Lil' Wayne
Herb

IP:

interesting battle...... not bad on either part i'd say...
kirk's verse was decent, i only saw a two good lines i really liked. the "man inside" line and the weak 16 were pretty good in my opinion but the rest of the lines didnt really have an effect. they either lacked a hard punch or had no punch at all.
i cant realy say i liked lay's verse that much better better... i wanna point out how crazy stretched those lines were, and how horrible the flow of the verse went, i feel like the punches and concepts were New to me, and made me go "oh" but they werent That great. the Oh Kirk line was pretty much expected and didnt hit too hard. it seemed like a bunch of his punches just had the same format and i felt it was kind of repetitive.
I do have to say though, kirk edged this one. i feel like the horrible flow of lays verse took away too much from it and made it just look like a set of punches rather than a flexible verse... i had to read it two lines at a time and stop to try and find the flow, which really took away from the punches, Especially if i didnt like the punch anyways. kirks verse flowed better and had a better overall feel to it as well as the "inside man" wordplay which won the battle for him. works well on both levels
yep yep
V/ Kirk