Thread: apexxxxxxx!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-06, 12:10 AM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default
thanks for all the help tho...its either the rode or the perception.....

n i think im gon get the tascam us-122 interface with the phantom built in....any warnings buot that or is it a solid choice?

word that's a good link by Tony btw, def worth hopping onto. And I don't know if you need 2 mic inputs but the US122 is a great interface. All interface are just go-betweens for digital signals from the mic to the computer and don't affect the actual "sound" at all so they're all created equally. just a matter of which one suits your needs.

avoid the old M-audio units that pre-date the Fast Track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Default
i heard shure had some good ones in the 500 range tho....n the sm57 is suposed to be a killer dynamic mic isnt it?

Yeah the SM57 is their best dynamic, but it's still not on par with even some mid-range condensers. the SM57 is more for live performances it's more of a handling mic. not a studio mic. Shure makes an SM57C which is a pretty nice condenser overall, but in general, skip it. better mics for the money.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote