View Single Post
Old 07-03-06, 07:34 PM   #37
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Breed

Half Breed
aka this is the 17th time I changed my name, man your mic BLOWS. You should EQ like...immediately. close this window right now and bust open a track and start EQing. You've got som punches and some entertaining lines, but the weak sound quality makes it A: hard to hear B: hard to listen to. For me who's not used to your acent (since some words rhyme in your accent that don't rhyme in mine) this compounds the prior two problems into a glob of "say wtf?". Some tracks I can hear your mic screaming in the BG so I turned em off for two reasons. I can't fuck with high pitch sounds and also a mic that sounds like that will immedately make you unmarketable since no one wants to listen to bad quality vocals. You got lyrics and pretty solid beat choices, just busted vocal qual. You'd shine once you adress that. Your flow came back on time, I can remember when it used to be busted, look liek you fixed that up nicely. If you adressed those fidelity issues you'd have an album that even underground US heads would buy, or at the very least listen to and be interested in. You need some tracks that show off your lyrical juggling and writing ability more to break the routines and subjects you use now. Don't make the mistake oh so many people do and stick your self in a vein of meloncholoy music and shit like that because that gets old REAL fast. People get tired of hearing you talk about your problems so steer clear of that. That subject matter + your voice = bad combo of boredom. Your voice should stay clear of anything that's monotone, it just won't endure, at least not with the gear and settings that you have now.

You should come back to this thread once you get a new mic ANNDDD EQ. Notice that those two are together, not seperate. don't half ass your own music because you're robbing your self.

See you then.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote