View Single Post
Old 07-13-06, 03:56 AM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
okie doke. i see. so ima EQ my track THEN ima compress it so that i have SUPER HUMAN VOCAL SKILLS!!! it ala makes sense now -__-.

lol just kidding.

hahaha, hey, your results may vary lol.

Quote:
aight i feel you.
Summary - compression just brings up the lower parts and takees down the higher parts to a nice even level. sometimes it gives my vocals warmth also. but i was tryna use it for the wrong reason.
i think i gotchu.

yup, absolutely right, compression does add warmth by virtue of turning up your naturally warm parts.

Quote:
another question then im done. since i use cool edit, how should i use the EQ options. should i EQ the track or the actual vocals.

Track Equalizer Vs. Presets in like graphic EQ & Parametric EQ

I'll answer for any program in general since thy all do the same things in different ways. I actually use both a parametric EQ and a track-wide EQ. I use the track EQ first to get me in the area of where I need to be then use the parametric EQ to fine tune it. Play with them each from there as needed to get to the sweet spot.

Good question and a good thread.

got me wantin to play with my presets some more..

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote