View Single Post
Old 09-07-03, 06:34 PM   #7
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

IP:

To be perfectly honest, I really wasn't that impressed by either of you's attempt at portraying the topic in the above verses...
Joka, thats fine that you took a different route and was a little creative in how you chose to incorporate the theme of lonliness, but the thing is I don't think you incorporated it ENOUGH. It was more of a love/broken heart poem, and even though i can easily see how that relates to lonliness, you could have made it more evident instead of having to explain yourself before hand.
And Preacher, yours was very creative, you started out with the "aloness" evident, and it was also at the end, but I think it fell off a little in the middle, seemed more like insanity or a derangedness instead of really the effects of ultimate lonliness...But thats fine, since thats the way you chose to do, it came out fine I just felt the topic could have been done a little more justice. Joka's verse had a more poetic essence to it, nicely chosen words and just a nice vibe, while preacher's verse was more on-edge, and like i sad, crazy..But I do feel that Preacher's verse was more appropriately executed, and well written for the subject, with good imagery and nice vocab..Joka might have taken it, certainly a nicely written piece, but I didnt really feel he approached the theme the way he should have.

VOTE: PREACHER