View Single Post
Old 06-02-05, 04:36 AM   #42
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung_Dragon
Yeah, if God's miracles were given so direct to everyone, then there would be no point to have faith, but He isn't, because faith is the only way to get into heaven. I'm sure some people feel like God has abandoned them, but it's because they decided not to have any more faith. There are thousands of incidents that man can never explain, but if you look carefully, and very carefully, you can figure it out.

As well as that, there will be a lot of people who despise, spread great teachings of opposition, and people who seem to claim they know the true way, but that's because it's supposed to happen, as it is described in the good book. So that's why faith has to be important, or else you might fall for one of these.

So, some of you may feel like there's no point and truth in God, because all that is said, are just fulfilling what is already written.

Wordness to that too. Just because you go in a garage doesn't mean you're a car. Everybody sins and are filled with hypocrisy, but the only one who we can look to is God.

Since there's a God, there's a Devil as well. You can doubt and not believe, which is called a sort of temptation. Tempation from the Devil, which will only fulfill prophecy. These temptations come in different forms, and can be very convincing causing so many people to fall for them, at the same time thinking it's correct or alright, not realizing the truth.

As said in the book of Revalations, there will be a time excatly like this, when people are full with corruption. Maybe we're not there yet, but in my opinion, I think it would wise to prepare, and a time like this can mean anytime.

I don't know about you guys, but incase this boat tips over, I'd prefer to be wearing a life jacket...

Saying that God is the answer to everything unexplained is absurd. Think back into history, when scientists thought that life just sprung out of nowhere. They believed that it was because of God that if you left rainwater in a birdbath for a fortnight, there would be all kinds of organisms and shit in there... After a while that guy (I think his last name was Boylle.. cant remember) found out that when isolated from oxygen, no lifeforms developed. With the development of light and then electron microscopes they discovered that spores and small cells and shit in the air merely found a suitable environment and reproduced. There was no God to it... This is just an example... But this frame of mind can be applied to a whole lot of things.

There are a whole lot of other religions and spiritual pathways, and you're saying they are all wrong and christianity (a religion based on faith) is right. What if another religion based on faith's scriptures also stated there will be other spiritualities to tempt you, but they are all wrong and this is the only right religion? Then according to whatever that religion may be, Christianity would be wrong. And someone from another religion who says that is just as valid as you, from christianity who states that. How can you be sure who is right?

You're citing Revelations eh? I've heard it all before. Howbout this one:
"After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel coming up from the East, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given the power to harm the land and the sea. "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of god."
Revelations 7, verses 1-3.

So according to the very book you are getting your snippet of info from, your mind (at the time this book was written, foreheads or anything to do with the head also meant brain, mind, mentality, etc.) has been sealed by God, and as soon as every servant of God has been sealed, then angels will hurt the land, sea, and some trees.

After the sixth trumpet has been sounded (in case you amazingly devoted christians dont know, the sounding of the seven trumpets brings armaggedon, different negative things are prophesized to happen as each trumpet is sounded) those very angels that put a seal on every christian in the world, are supposed to kill a third of them and send them to hell.

Thats a great end of the world ya got there, goddy boy. Bet they didnt teach you that one in sunday school.

And what kind of christian are you? Protestant? The same protestants that ignore half of the bible as they see fit?

Anglican? The same anglican that was started by a roman catholic king that wanted to divorce his wife and couldnt so created a new branch of christianity?

or roman catholic? The same trusty roman catholic religion that told people 400 years ago that they needed to "donate" to the church to get to heaven, and that if you didnt do what they wanted (which was usually gay bullshit due to the fact only like 2 guys in entire villages/towns could even read the bible) then you were on a one way trip to hell.

Which one are you?