View Single Post
Old 10-31-06, 02:11 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

nice cables. i use the roll off switch just cuz its easier for me to do mixes, but you'll get the most texture outta your voice (the super lows particularly) with the roll off switch off. if you set your mic volume right you won't have to worry about it though. i use my 10dB pad too, but much like the roll off, if i want that pure texture, i'll turn it off and spend more time on the mixdown and compression.

and if you get static, def look into that physically, don't try to mix that away, cuz the shit should be pin-drop quiet. you might be hearing straight up monitoring noise which is just... everything around you, you know?

oh, the roll off cuts out any sounds in the extreme low endsof the frequency range, like any rumbles or mic handling noise, it'll cut the sound of any loud computers running near by, electrical shit, etc. you know, low frequency rumbles and noises. the dB pad just turns down your vol 10dB's which you may want to use in a rap environment.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote