Thread: Report A Mod
View Single Post
Old 08-13-04, 01:35 PM   #23
-Zone Out-
Still Sick

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
lol.. and this is the reason why me and cprogress don't put in any type of rules that involve linking to other threads that would require manually checking stuff... remember on RB before the credit system was put in? I think they had people linking to battles where they had left feedback too. They also limitied the number of active battles to 2 and had like 6 mods checking everything. I can't remember if they also limited the open mics. Either way in 6 months, RV has surpassed RB in the number of new threads being created by 2x and more with most of them being in open mic and front lines and are now tied with them with the number of daily active users. Quality-wise the stuff posted may not be as high as RB's, but if people are coming back daily and posting and are relatively happy, it's all good.

So basically allowing more than 1 open mic would encourage people to write more. As for the good votes/feedback, in the perfect world, everyone will leave perfect feedback and always return votes, but I've learned that will never happen so when I am/was modding open mic and the other text/audio forums, I figured any feedback is better than no feedback. But whatever.. run it however you want... if the activity is too much, you can always request to have more mods added.
so, are my threads reopened?

Ask Masked about it... you might still need to link to other open mic replies
Send a message via AIM to -Zone Out-   Reply With Quote