View Single Post
Old 05-22-07, 06:22 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Nos: As if it does... I am saying the reason it seems to come naturally is because of the ideas we have about the gf/bf relationship. I have infinite love for my gf, but I have never had the urge to buy her a gift, or do any of the other shit she seems to want to do all the time.

The thing that caused me to think of this post was something she said. I don't remember what we were fighting about, but she was like "It makes me feel like you don't care about me, you're not acting like my bf at all." I wasn't acting like her bf. Acting. To me, that's seems exactly right. Whenever I'm doing or saying the typical bf stuff, all I'm doing is acting, saying or doing whatever it seems is the ideal thing to say/do in that situation. Shit I've seen done in popular media always works best. If I get her flowers, take her out on a nice dinner, buy her jewelery, say something "sweet", or whatever, she always tells me that she knows I love her because of that. Which is bullshit, because to me those are empty gestures that don't mean a thing. And it happens the other way round, she does all the cliche gf stuff for me expecting it to convey her love, when all I see is shallow gestures that mean nothing.

Nah seriously.. giving gifts to someone you love to make them happy? getting a fucken awesome meal n spending time with her at a nice resteraunt? saying nice things to her to make her smile? so far youve only said one thing that I can agree on as being a cliche predisposed media fueled trend and thats buying her flowers..

Most of the shit your talking about is just things you do to show someone their important to you...

I mean cmon.. Think about it.. Whats something sarah would really enjoy having? Think about how happy it would make her and how special it would be to her if one day out of the blue you bought it and surprised her with it..

You dont do it superficially just cause your her boyfriend......you do it cause you want to make her happy..

Whats wrong about that?

I get the feeling your more concearned with the way your girlfriend views your relationship than relationships in general...