View Single Post
Old 08-01-07, 05:19 AM   #18
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Well then what have you been talking about? My first reply said that contain was an unnecessary word, and its meaning did not actually describe what it should have. Then you said humans can contain emotions, what did you mean by that if you didn't mean it literally? Were you just telling me that humans have emotions? What was the point of it?

Then you said that thing about how if someone manages themselves, they could be considered to contain their emotions. Obviously that doesn't mean they literally contain their emotions and prevent them from escaping their body via expression, its just a way of saying someone behaves well.

And now you're telling me you already knew that. If you want to have circular arguments that are completely meaningless, and that you can learn nothing from since you don't really mean your original questions and already know all the answers, then don't start them. Instead of questioning my first post, you should have just said "Yeah, I agree that the word contain should not be taken literally in this context."