View Single Post
Old 10-30-05, 03:46 AM   #15
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

Word.

This was a dope ass battle.

Starting with Vaskez, I thought you had a real nice verse. The way you flipped some of your punches around to make them more affective, and the whole nice shit you did with your wordplay gave you a nice verse. You had a couple of played concepts that you tried to put a new flip on, some worked some didn't. Overall, your verse was real consistent from beginning to end with hard hitters.
DaTrus, for me you were the weak link in this battle, you were just too inconsistent for me. You had a verse that was sometimes real dope, but then you would follow with a weak bar. Especially, the nameplay on 9th Degree you used, you stated that it was played but that still didn't help the cause. The punch itself was a weaker nameplay on the whole "degree" part and added to it being played made it worse. You did have some nice wordplay, but I think your punches on Mimesis were better, than your one's on 9th Degree.

9th Degree, a real dope verse. You had killer wordplay in your punches, they were basically all good or real fucking hard hitting. You totally dominated with flips and shit on your punches making your entire verse an amusing read. You pretty much owned Vaskez' and DTH's verse with just your own. I could pretty much quote like every bar you dropped because every one had me rolling.
Mimesis, you also came good, a couple of bars I weren't feeling. Still though, your verse was better than DTH's and Vaskez'. I think that you were like a bar or two short of equalling 9th's dopeness in this battle. As usual you brought your pissed off style and it works for you, adds an edge to your verse and when you read it you can feel yourself getting riled up, that is on thing I always like about your verses. Wordplay and flips were nice, overall really consistent.

V/ - 9th Degree & Mimesis

For me, they had far better verses and were easily more consistent.
Sorry Vaskez, but for me DTH let you down in this battle.