Thread: Reparations
View Single Post
Old 04-22-05, 03:04 PM   #7
Calm
Divine Ascension

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
no they shouldnt it wasnt them who worked in the fields was it, im irish so should i get money from england because they stole our land like 800 years ago and didnt get it bac till not even 100years ago tell me should i get paid for that no and neither should black people get money for shit they never went through, as chris rock put it "every1 needs to chill the fuck out cause aint no1 hav it as bad as the american indians" i honestly think that the money should go them first they went through the worst so every1 needs to shut up n alll of a sudden latinos,jews n so on so fort will be lokin for money

ummmm 1 thing before i start... Native Americans have received reparations... They recieve scolarships and other econmical benifits from the US govt. look into that.

i wouldnt expect u to understand the long term effects slavery has had on the economic, and mental status of common day african americans, for the simple fact that u are a foreigner...

but picture this... lets say slavery never existed... The "Jim Crowe Laws" and "Black Codes" that my Grandparents went through, and to sum extent my parents, are deserving enough to recieve reparations alone.

and as for the irish... thats another subject and i dont know enough about it to have a set opinion on. so i wont speak on it

-Transcending The Heavens-
I am before before...
Before death is eternity, After death is eternity.
There is no death, only eternity.
And I be riding the wings of eternity...

3 Poems.:.3 Features.:.3 Weeks Consecutively
I'm a Bad Man
Send a message via AIM to Calm   Reply With Quote