Old 08-05-06, 04:24 AM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Hyphy Supporters Diss E-40 and Lil Jon

IP:

Daily Hip-Hop News:
Hyphy Supporters Diss E-40 And Lil' Jon, Claim They're Exploiting The Movement

Thursday - July 6, 2006 by Dick Johnson

Hyphy Inc., an organization dedicated to spreading hyphy music, has accused E-40 and Lil Jon of exploiting the movement.

While 40's last album, My Ghetto Report Card, released under Jon's BME Recordings, helped hyphy gain nationwide exposure, Hyphy Inc., a San Francisco-based group, claims that the hype is growing to the detriment of the subculture.

"E-40 is not considered a hyphy artist or a part of the hyphy movement. True enough 40 brought exposure to the movement, but bringing exposure to the movement and being a part of the movement and then exploiting the movement for your own personal financial gain is two different things," sources at Hyphy Inc. told SOHH.com. "We're saying that he's [Lil Jon] the mastermind behind the whole plot. They got people thinking they part of the hyphy movement when they not."

Though Hyphy Inc. discredits' 40's authenticity, the group does acknowledge Keak Da Sneak, who appeared on Fonzarelli's lead single off My Ghetto Report Card, "Tell Me When To Go," as a hyphy artist.

"They saw that as exposure. Don't nobody respect 40 like that in the Bay," the source alleged. "Once you get older you get your political and your music clout, they can dub you on the radio. You blast so much around the Bay that you all that they hear, so after a while people gon hear it cause you the only person on the radio. But to call yourself the ambassador of the Bay we don't stand by that."

"People only listened to the song ["Tell Me When To Go"] because of Keak Da Sneak. It's like Lil Jon talking about crunk is hyphy's cousin, hyphy don't have no cousin," the source added. "By him controlling E-40, his puppet, he controls the exposure that the hyphy movement gets because Lil Jon knows that he has more connections in the industry than the Bay area artists have. If E-40 had some money, he wouldn't be signed to Lil Jon, he'd be signing other artists. Now they running these BET specials, talking about get the hype on hyphy, got us looking like Katrina cases when that ain't the fact out here."

Reps for E-40 and Lil Jon didn't comment

sohh

-----------------------------------------

Real talk, what you see on TV is not really how tha bay is...It's more smooth than that, and E-40 took something that really wasn't his, and ran with it. E-40 has a record label of his own. Sicwidit Records, but I don't hear no artist getting exposure outside the bay. He posed to be big now, but tha nigga aint letting tha real hyphy niggas spread they wings. I'ma big 40 fan and love what he doing, but the hyphy movement is gunna flop, because of how it's being handled right now. If Mac Dre was alive he'd handle is better, but I agree, 40 would have the most exposure off it, but c'mon now...Other arist in the bay make wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better hyphy music than 40.