View Single Post
Old 09-06-03, 12:43 AM   #8
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

IP:

When I look at that picture I see a penis. How Fruedian.

A big penis too.

Anyway... here be my drop:

~~~
They say you need to use special tools in the art of magick.
It's not true.
While they help, they are not needed. They are used to direct things that you yourself can not direct with your mind in it's current state.
Each of the four primary tools represent the four elements.
The chalice... a container of liquids... represents water.

Water is a strange thing. Though, as an element it doesn't represent water alone, but all liquids. Blood, soda pop, mud.
Anyway... from a chalice can sprout an ocean. From an ocean can spout a tree.

Maybe the Yggdrassil? Even the ancient hebrews believed in magick.

But the Yggdrassil would be very appropriate here. It is the tree of life. A bringer of life. Water is the same, a bringer of life. After all, you can't live without water. But in a way, the tree of life is not appropriate.

I mean, a tree is solid. It sprouts from the Earth, not from the ocean. But then again, there is so much mythology, including the judeo-christians, where the Earth rose from the waters. So why wouldn't the Yggdrasil?

Also, the tree of life extends to the heavens. The heavens, being something we can not see. But everything in between the oceans and the heavens, we can see. And what is the most common thing besides the Earth and the oceans that we see?

Fire. Fire in it's elemental sense. Transmutation, movement, life in it's most basicnicity. Fire is out there. In the night, and in the day. And as days and nights go on and on and on in that seemingly neverending cycle, the trick is to keep those elements balanced. The Earth underneath us, the heavens above us. The water around us, and the fire... the fire inside us.

Oh yeah... and somewhere in the earth, the water, the air, and the fire is a big fucking penis.

~Islam~