Thread: apexxxxxxx!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-06, 12:29 AM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default
yea so basically youve established yourself as the one who knows the most abuot audio equiptment so two parter....
no doubt nodoubt, ight, lets see what we got here
Quote:
im thinkin of gettin a new mic
debating between the at3035 and the AKG perception 200....both same price or should i go up 50 and get the rode nt1a....? n whats the diff between each mic...i unno?

for the money you'll def liek the perception the most, most crisp clear sound of the bunch. save your $50 and invest it in good cables, like Monsters.
Quote:
and part 2, when gettinga usb interface/pre amp or whatever....what do i need
do i NEED the phantom power, or does the USB power suffice now? and any suggestions on an interface/pre amp.....

the interface alone is powered by the USB port. the mic needs phantom power, so you can actually get an interace with a built in phantom, or you can do what it did and get an external phnatom power supply for like 25-35 bucks. Comes out cheaper in the long run to do em seperate, but that ones more device with wires you need in the chain and so on, really just a matter of personal prefference. If you wanna keep em seperate, Fast Track USB is your target!

Quote:
im lookin to up my game and hopefully you can help me out big time by not fucking up with a bad equiptment choice......so

sounds liek you're on the right track my man, already got some great choices on the table. hopefully this helps pull everything together for you

holl-r

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote