View Single Post
Old 12-02-08, 09:45 AM   #58
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity
I don't doubt that shit would look illy when you throw it up bro, but in the battle , I can only judge the blackbook sketch work presented.. to speculate on people's can ability is too hard, unless ppl are going to throw their pieces up and take photos. On PureG.net the exact same battle premise is used but the writers are judged on the sketch as that is the only evidence of skill presented. Whats crazy is a lot of blackbook work will probs never make a wall/train/wha'eva.. so this is an oppurtunity to go out of the box and just explore.. which for me is the essence of blackbook work; further excacerbated by the stipulation that its 'wildstyle' - hence for me why SV has to be the winner.. my confidence in his piece is no attack on yours... for me I just felt he captured it alot better. As you say, your main ability lies in your can work, further testament to SV being more accomplished on this occasion.. We all have strength and weaknesses... SV might not be able to use a can for shit.

i can take that man... and yeah SV prolly would get my vote for neatness and what he did when he inked it up, went to a bit more trouble with his coloring and used his mediums a little better than I did... he did a really nice wildstyle peice too i must admit... painted that would look fresh... but the styles all diff, thats an LA street peice to the max... you wouldnt put characters around that, it aint like stuff from europe, australia n shit like that so much except for certain writers who fuck with LA styles...

thats not a problem at all... and yeah his shit is neater than mine... I should of gone into more detail, inked it all up and done proper fades on my character... truth be told i went off a really quick peice he did for the previous battle as to the trouble I went to on drawing my shit up.. I wasnt expecting what he did, massivly surprised me... dudes a talented writer...

i guess at the end of the day, he threw a spanner in the works lol... and i dont think we can do graffiti battles cause people voted wrongly on SV I can say that much....

but quietly I could do more with mine mural style at a water tower painted which would look fucking insane.... But its rapping for me at the moment.. I dont have the time to paint much except for chromies n cheap black gloss fill peices latly...