Thread: Wow At the News
View Single Post
Old 09-18-08, 09:43 AM   #20
Magic5

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
so, if the supply...never went down, and our demand never went up...why the HUGE spike in gasoline? Becuase of speculation...thats one of the biggest drivers in oil prices, so get off your own nuts n shut the fuck up.

I understand that supply n demand principle, and yes, obviously is applied to our market with oil, but speculation....is what really drives the fuck out of oil.

dont belivie, take a look @ the hurricanes, people thought that Hurrikan Gustav? (not sure what name it was...but the one before Ike) was suppose to rip up so many oil refineries n this n that.....did it? No.

Specualtion is complete and utter bullshit, its a way for people to make money, by saying bad things will happen....and yet, if nothign happens....do they get smashed? nope.

its a backward system

Umm, supply and demand sets the price for everything. Speculation ties in with demand. If I speculate that gas prices will go up next week, I will go fill up my tank this week. If everybody does that (like when people get word of a hurricane that could shut down oil refiniries), the price will go up this week because the demand for oil went up this week. If the hurricane actually does shut down refiniries, then the supply will also go down, causing the price to go up some more. If it doesn't shut down anything, the price will stabilize after the demand for oil starts to decrease again. Consumer speculation is a part of demand.

Speculation isn't a way for people to make money, what the fuck?