Thread: Wow At the News
View Single Post
Old 09-20-08, 08:37 PM   #29
strobe

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
I didn't even read this post. Good call on gas prices man.

What kind of mutual fund do you have? Hopefully the market will turn around soon, but everybody's scared as hell right now.

Without looking at the account since it'd probably be a mood killer right now with the markets mostly down this month, last time I checked, it was about 35% foreign funds (Canada, Latin America, and international growth/income) and around 60% domestic with slightly higher amounts in natural gas and finance. The finance fund is probably getting killed with the Lehman bankruptcy. About one third of the account is in cash since I'm lazy and also didn't have the balls to put it all in the market at once. Kind of disappointed I missed out buying more shares earlier in the week after the market dropped 500 and then 400 points before turning around from the news of a Fed bailout.

Its hard buying more when the markets are down since no one likes to lose money, but it's tough to time when it's at the absolute bottom. So only thing to do is buy small amounts regularly and let dollar cost averaging take care of the rest.