Thread: Kids
View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 01:03 AM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Well other than that one reason which is barely even a reason that I mentioned before (continuing humans), there is nothing. That's the only reason. I understand you aren't arguing that people should stop having kids, because if everyone did then the human race would be kaput. With what you're referring to, there is no practical reason.

okay so now we're phasing into a new topic?

I believe that's a wrap then sir, the debate is over, seeing as that was the original purpose of this discussion. Definitely been fun.

For shits and giggles I'll go into the second topic since the first is over.
Quote:
Is that really a practical reason for living?

OK, so we dont end up in completely different places, i'll grab a quick definition for practical:

1. Capable of being used or put into effect; useful.
2. Intended to serve a purpose without elaboration.

So a use for, or meaning of life. "to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism."

[quote]
Mkay. Igniting DNA, useless. The next part is interesting though. Become enlightened and fulfill a bigger purpose than being a slave to materialism. You mean sort of live your life, go about your business, slowly and steadily become detached from material things and then maybe one day after you've finished preparing you'll become a buddha?

igniting your DNA isn't useless, it's the doorway to the other steps which couldn't occur without it. And no, becoming unfettered by your material desires isn't the sole purpose seeing that balance is key. the point is to not be a slave ot them, that's different from removing them from your presence. this of course is irrelevant, in this context, to becoming a buddha, though that would be one of the many channels to this process.

Quote:
And what after that? What is your purpose after you awaken? You said to fulfill a bigger purpose, so before I can keep raving on I need to know what that purpose is. Please, tell me, what is the purpose of a buddha? (Don't say to enlighten others.)

what's wrong with enlightening others? you make it sound liek a bad thing. i think you're asking something seperate to what I'm talking about. but the purpose of a buddha specifically is infact to enlighten and inspire others while in his physical life. in his/her after life they become the mass of energy known as karma or life force where they can make far bigger differences, jsut as your deceased loved ones manifest as spirit guides for your family.

BTW, my definition of "practical" is the every-day usage, which is: Level-headed, efficient, and unspeculative.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote