View Single Post
Old 02-12-09, 08:41 PM   #1
сварливый

Doing a good act

IP:

if you did a good act strictly to make yourself feel better or good, then your good act was dictated by being egocentric and was thus only a good act for yourself, and you were never benevolent in the first place, because at the center of every good act that you've ever done for someone else, was yourself, and you didn't have the other person in mind when you did that good act, you had yourself at heart.

Discuss.

-You can answer this now if you already understand, for those who don't, continue reading-

Any example you can think of is selfish aside from those people who give their lives away to making another person have pleasure, those are the only benevolent people on this earth, because good is subjective and the objective in good is yourself; for other people to be benevolent towards you, they have to disregard their own happiness in order to add to your happiness, and they have to not want to do it. In short, logically, no one is benevolent by freewill, they have to be enslaved against their will to be benevolent. If they are benevolent out of freewill, then they are focused on themselves from the beginning and can never be benevolent.

this is why good and bad, or right and wrong are non-existent, and me stabbing you may be a bad thing to you, but it could have been a good thing to me, I may have thought it was ultimate good that I've done by stabbing you, but in your eyes it was a bad thing. Whose opinion is right?

How does right and wrong or good and bad exist?

Discuss.