View Single Post
Old 10-19-08, 10:15 AM   #53
.Ike.
Ike

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
LOL well then if you're trying to say that. Then look at the OU game. Where OU moved with ease while being one dimensional. Now after today almost 700 Yds on a GOOD Kansas defense. And like some commentator said. In big 12 play with the amazing offensive talent, a good D in these games is a defense that might give up 20-30 pts, but makes the plays when it counts. aka what Texas did. Stopping OU in 4th, and then what OU did today v.s. Kansas. Kansas had almost 500 yds. But when Kansas had chances to make the game close, OU forced 3 turnovers. And made key pass deflections, and held kansas to 0-10 on 3rd downs. When they came in 54% and 3rd in the nation on 3rd down efficiency.

Pt is. You have a great O-line and an intelligent QB. I don't care how fucking good your defense is, that QB will find the smallest holes and stick that ball in there. That's what QB's like Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford have been doing all yr. Even in games where the O-line has been AWFUL. They still have high completion %'s and no ints, and good amount of TDs and yds.

and how is TCU's d overrated? Like YOU said, it doesn't matter who you play. It's Div 1 football, and doing what they did is impressive. And just because they might not be the BEST defense in the nation, doesn't make them OVERATED. statistically they might be, but I never said they are logically the best. And nobody has. So I don't see how they can be overrated. they're one of good ones tho fasho

call me crazy...but i wouldnt call the Kansas D a great one..decent..yea..but no more than that. I think your missing my point though..im not talking about "good" defenses..im not talking about "decent" defenses..im talking about GREAT defenses. They do not come along very often..i dont know that there is truly a GREAT defense in football like LSU's last season...But, when it comes down to championship football..and your team has a GREAT defense on the field..you win.

and i didnt say TCU's defense wasnt good...i AM impressed with their D at times..but they are far from great...theyre pretty good. Theres a lot of teams out there that would put up good points on that defense. BYU is still BYU no matter how you look at it...although they were ranked high..it will always be BYU..its not Florida, OU, Texas, Bama, Penn State, USC..or anyone that will compete for championships for years on in...its BYU who has a good offense for their schedule. Had they been playing a SEC schedule..theres not a soul on this planet that would consider them a "high powered offense"..trust me. I only stated that TCU's defense is overrated...and they are statistically..by a long shot. You cant tell me that if you had to pick 5 defenses in college football to shut down a game winning drive...that TCU's would be one of the 5 you pick.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote