View Single Post
Old 10-01-09, 05:08 PM   #38
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

[REAL TALK]Take any example from civilization. When something new is discovered it has a general base that needs to built upon. Now some of the builders are better then the others for example Run DMC and Sugarhill Gang back in the day.... But now that it has evolved the standard isn't the same because there's a higher expectation. The expectation of a rappers capability is higher today then it was for rappers of the past because we have a new standard. Back then when that was the only standard, those dudes were considered ill, and that's why we show respect. We have an adequate understanding of the potential that rappers have to offer these days, and Soulja Boy has not reached this potential, therefore he is wack.

I aggree with you, Soulja Boy is hiphop in his own form... but i'm sorry, the form of hip hop he is, is a fucking wack ass form that people shouldn't listen to, but a lot of people are stupid (like you).

You can compare this example to any in history. It's the reason people pay ridiculous sums of money for a car that isn't gas efficient, not economical, not as fast as modern muscle or sports cars etc etc. But they still respect the car because they realise for its time, it was the the best in its class....

I mean put the top of the line best of the best ferarri from the 60's vs. a lower line ferrari from today and the modern ferrari will KILL the car in a race because we've made improvements, but that doesn't make it a better car in general, because for its time the other car was the best, and that's why we can't compare modern to new. Now lets say ferrari made a NEW car with specs equal to that OLD top of the line one, and charged it the same price as they do for their other modern high end vehicles... Now that would be a rip off wouldn't it... but i'm sure a lot of stupid people would buy it and say "it's a ferrari, so it must be worth it"[/REAL TALK]