View Single Post
Old 01-23-11, 02:05 AM   #20
Implicit
-BTR-

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
You've got me pegged all wrong.

By all the means follow your false sense of security. If you were a real man you could break your habbits and further yourself on your own. Regardless if you do or not with this belief that somebody is helping you, it's only going to be you doing it. The sad part is that you won't even enjoy that satisfaction of your own personal achievements because you'll thank something else for it when there was never anything there.

I never said I don't believe in the existance of a higher power, but to follow the Bible? That's the biggest running joke I've ever seen.

There's no Heaven and Hell and no matter what you do you're not going anywhere after you die. Quit telling people what to follow and actually do something for them that matters, that'll really make your spirit fly.

Although I disagree with the majority of your post, I think you described the essence of what Jesus taught by saying "do something for them that matters". That is the basis of what Christians should be doing. Love God and love others. Those are the two commands that the gospel is centered around.