View Single Post
Old 06-23-05, 03:01 AM   #9
femmina
New to RV

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
So because we don't have dudes looking at our asses they can have another criteria for what's considered good?

Please.

I don't buy that for a second.

If you be real in your raps and you show some skill people will acknowledge it. Fuck how you grew up.

the criteria shouldn't change and don't think that you men have it hard, believe me honey, you don't. Some have been through and go through harder things than some women, but you can't generalize women and men. For everything a man has to go through, there is an equal or greater challenge we have to go through. Using the example that YD said, about women being able to wear what ever piece of clothing and color they want (which mabye in your neighborhood is true, but we've had a few females get shot for disrespecting gangs here) but men don't have to worry about getting raped if walking alone in the streets. Men don't get raped, they get shot at, women don't get shot at, they get raped AND killed. But then on the flip side, men have a lot of pressure to protect women and be strong which involves a lot of violence and women have a more peaceful reputation. It goes both ways. Back to the femcee award, if there is or isn't one, that's up to you, i could careless cause i'm not rapping fr awards. Just don't think that u have to treat us or judge our emceeing differently based on how we look. We don't change it based on how men look, so don't treat us or estimate us differently.

^i know it's long, but it needed 2 be said

Rhymes
Story of a Statistic
My Dream

audio
soundclick

Art
Surreal Bird Sketch
Send a message via AIM to femmina Send a message via Yahoo to femmina   Reply With Quote