View Single Post
Old 03-09-06, 01:50 AM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haniĀ¢e
It's a new year with new members, so I'm hoping for new feedback. I cannot begin to fathom why anyone would be part of an online community and pretend to be someone they're not.

They do it for othes aproval so people think more of them, even if it's not really them. For the same reason rappers act like they're hardcore and seek street credibility when they actually drink Perier sparkling bottled water and cry to episodes of Oprah.
Quote:
Are there any fakes out there that are bold enough to give me better understanding of this? I'm making various scenarios in my mind and cannot grasp any positive outcomes in any situation. Okay, here we go:

What satisfaction does one get when they receive compliments on photos that don't belong to them?

Why be happy that you're getting lots of attention when the attention is focused on the person whose identity you're stealing?

The approval thing again.
Quote:
You form relationships with these members. I'm sure, at some point, they would like to meet you. What happens then? Why give others false hope in seeing someone that you're not?

Funny you should mention that, because I know a guy who got busted for saying he was black, posted "his" pic (of some unknowing black dude) and eventually got busted! People knew him for years on the board he was on and felt decieved and couldn't see why he did it.
Quote:
If you're fake, why defend yourself and state that you're whoever you're pretending to be when you're not actually them?

I'm really starting to receive some brain damage thinking of fake situations and why someone would go on with it. What low self-esteem, insecurities, or flaws does one have that they're not comfortable being themselves?

Their insecurities that commercials, magazines, billboards, and MTV/BET/VH1 play out for them and tell them that they need in order ot be cool/popular/smart/attractive/needed/respected/etc. "If you don't have a 6 pack, you're nobody! if you don't have big breasts, you're nobody! If you got any acne, you're nobody! braces, a limp, a lazy eye, new haircut, the most expensive clothes, a gucci bag, iced out chains, a boyfriend/girlfriend, don't give head, want to wait to have sex, etc - YOU'RE NOBODY!!" <---this is the message pumped to people everywhere they turn, others internalize it and believe it then impose it on you, you believe it, you internalize it and impose it on another and so on. It's not cool to just be happy with who you are and live your life.

Quote:
On another note, why bother exposing them? I saw a thread the other day that was umteen pages long. And I wondered how one could benefit themselves by exposing the "fake". Why go out of your way just to expose someone ON A RAP FORUM. Jesus. Go write or something.

Feel free to disagree with me and elaborate in any manner.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote