View Single Post
Old 07-10-04, 06:43 PM   #12
bossnigga
This is my first post!

IP:

Yo! your style is tight, f-- what they say. I am probably a little more advanced than you, but music is just a matter of learning over time; you only get better. As for new free, quality drum samples, check out dorumalaia.com. He's the Russian homie providing the dopest percussion you can find, aside from 808, 909, etc. and all these other good samples I get from people's MPC's. Song 4 ("watch out") sounds like it should be called "suckers can't cope." I would definitely bump this in my whip, and I am rolling all over Cali, from So Cal to the Bay, so you know I have standards. There is a guy from Vallejo, CA named Young Dru who would slaughter a track like that. Also, a song like "lifeline" can be sold to bizzy bone, and that would be the bomb combination. One thing that you should look into though, is 1. making your synths sound crisper, i.e. solo each instrument and make sure it is sounding its best, then mix the song w/ all instruments playing for a good blend. 2. Take all that reverb off your kick drums every time, unless you really feel it is necessary. sometimes it's good for the mood of the song, but in most of these cases, the track would sound more realistic w/ a dry kick. 4. try layering sounds, bringing pads, string etc. in and out (make sure all notes are in the same key or at least sound good together), adding variation, and work your way up to even more impressive transitions, buildups and breakdowns. for drums, even something as simple as dropping two snare hits in a row can be a crucial element to the song. 5. read future music (cutting edge mag imported from the UK) for the latest knowledge and FREE (GOOD QUALITY) SOUNDS every issue!!! I wouldn't recommend it if I hadn't benefitted from it myself. also, don't let the price scare you. even if you only buy one issue, it is more then worth it. trust.
As for me, I currently use reason v1.0 and am on my second album. I recently purchased an MPC 4000, so I look forward to learning on that thing.
I can see you are headed on the right path, my brother, and someday we may have to git somethin crackulating. holla at me: fhb4life@hotmail.com.
-Peace