View Single Post
Old 08-31-07, 09:57 AM   #14
strobe

IP:

My explanation probably wasn't really clear on how the proposed calculations would work. Say you have a battle and there are 6 votes total. Five people who voted gave it all top rankings of 5 and one person gave it a 1, so the average for that battle will be 4.33. You won that battle, so you get 4.33 added to your score. The loser gets nothing. You battle again and you win again and the average vote is 3.0. So you now have 7.33 for your rank score. So the more battles you do and win and the better ranked the battles, the higher your score.

This is a really simple method to do the ranking, and I'm sure there are some kinks that needs to be worked out, which is why I'm looking for opinions/input on how it could be implemented/calculated.

Come to think of it, I would think only voters get to rate and not the feedback people since the system already have filters and checks like blacklists and etc to reduce cheating and swaying.

The old battles wouldn't count since there is no way to calculate the data when the system wasn't available yet, so the people who are 40-0 would start off even with everyone else