View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 04:48 AM   #8
сварливый

IP:

lol man dont be so easily fooled, there is a direct answer, people are just wrong and disagree.

there is one pessimistic conclusion and 4 optimistic conclusions and they all differ a little bit, my answer is very complex but I wanted more opinions than just someone's high self esteemed opinion.

So yes, wanna give this one a go or not?

Oh and ... all of those questions you asked have an answer.

Is the universe finite or infinite? - What context are you asking? Life or the universe? Life surely isn't infinite and all humans will eventually disappear. That is one thing I absolutely promise, even if humans figure out how to live forever, they will have to disappear. Though not as simple as that. It's written within in the philosophy book I'm writing.
Capacity of knowledge? - that which physically allows us capable of remembering. That doesn't include functionality.
is nothing something - yes and no, depending on the context.

However this thread is probably the only philosophical question which I have yet to come to an absolute conclusion in. I think I have it in my brain, but I haven't written it down. lol. You need to explain it in understandable language, otherwise it's just "oh it computes in my brain but I cant explain. sorry! bye" which is what baph is trying here. Can he explain it? Doubt it, but we'll see.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|