View Single Post
Old 11-06-07, 05:01 PM   #132
Fly-E
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
No, not wrong. Hate me now is one of nas's worst songs....and when he did it...50% of his fan base jumped ship because they figured he was going pop.....ruff ryders anthem is not even close in comparison to the level of music dmx has made, that hasn't made the radio or atleast gotten play on a cosistent basis. And jigga my nigga is another terrible example...another sub par song from a great artist.....they still do that exact same thing now.....take great artists...and play mediocre songs.....

i have a dream - common, hip hop is dead - nas, hot thing by talib kweli, blue magic - jay-z, less than an hour by nas...WU TANG IS BACK ON THE RADIO.....what more could you fucking ask for...seriously....i just named anywhere from 6-10 songs that they are playing on the radio now...that are all much better in quality and content then the songs you used for examples to argue my point.

Good point but honestly hip hop isnt where it used to be! People used to go crazy for lyrical songs by like Dr. Dre, and tupac (R.I.P) and B.I.G. (r.I.P) and ALOT more the hip hop on the radio now that people jam to is like cyclone and all them club banga songs! I mean i like that pop bottles and thats like the only one by birdman i like and also i like that im so hood and a bit more but im waitin for people to get bak into the true lyrical zone of hip hop!